Thursday 2 February 2012

Black Swan - Little White Lies Magazine cover

Following a brief set by the D&AD student awards, I am currently designing a magazine cover for Little White Lies, a mag written about 'Truth & Movies'. There are a few options of which films to base the illustration on and I am going to attempt a few of them. At the moment i'm working on the film Black Swan.
The main criteria for the illustration is that it should have the central character from the movie as the focal point of the design so I have got that out the way and drawn it now.

After drawing the portrait I added colour digitally and still need to drop a few textures but for now I am trying different sizes against the template to make sure I leave enough room for my background design which I want to convey a strong sense of the film as well as providing a message and concept in line with movie.
This quick background sketch is just one of a few ideas I thought I might go with, using the spotlight to overlay one and other, using black and white to illustrate the clash between the tow personalities. As well as giving the shattered effect which takes the overall power in the image.

For me this is the perfect kind of brief, I like to draw figurative and portraitures and giving a message in my work so this is ideal.








No comments:

Post a Comment