Saturday 6 April 2013

Trying to edit improve some old work

 
Sometimes I look over my old work or I am reminded of something I have done in the past and with a renewed view of it I ask myself, is that a bit shit?
 
I wasn't unhappy with this piece entirely and I still quite liked the drawing itself but when I saw my layering, colouring and texturing I thought it could do with a bit of a retouch.
 
This was the image before:
 
 
This is the image after:
 
 
I have softened the colours, I think it gives the image a more calming feel, something that is intended in its original concept. Adding a few more layers to define shadowing and screening everything but the child emphasises their importance in the illustration.
 
I'll probably look at this in a few months and crack out the OCD again.. until then.. this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment